Sunday, February 5, 2017

The Beautiful Chaos That Is My Life




Beautiful Chaos 
Original Art by Gina Welds Hulse



Everyone has times in their life when they feel demotivated, lost, and unhappy. You're in a rut, and you don't know how to get out of it. Life may keep piling it on.
My life was no exception.  I thought I had it all planned out.  Life was going great....as I had planned.  I had my dream job as an Art Teacher, and was very involved in many community projects.  I had many art gallery shows in the works, and some already going on.  So what could go wrong?
For many years, I was concerned about some strange feelings in my hands and feet.  I had already been diagnosed with lung and heart issues, but these numbing and tingling episodes were unnerving to me.  My doctor suggested that I get my B-12 levels tested.  They came back very low, and I was also diagnosed with pernicious anemia, so I was started on B-12 shots, but also sent to a neurologist, where it was determined (to make a long story short) I had peripheral neuropathy.
A few weeks later I was diagnosed with lupus as well.  Ever had days when it seems that things could not possibly get any worse?  That was how I felt.  
I found myself later on a downhill spiral in serious depression.  Nothings that made me happy before was working.  Nothing that I was passionate about thrilled me. I plunged into major depression.  Several weeks later I decided to head to a Psychiatrist.  
To top it off, I still had fairly young children, two in high school and the youngest in elementary school.  I still had to be a mom.
2016 was probably the most challenging year of my life, and I have had some challenging years. There were days when I felt like I was at the end of my rope, but I made it through.
To make a long story short.  I gradually, over the last few years, worked my way back to the strong warrior woman I knew that I was.  
Some days you think that there is no possible solution anymore. But look at this painting, in such a desperate condition, such Beautiful Chaos ....remember that the light will always find a way to reach you anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment