Tuesday, February 14, 2017

One day.....

Helen Keller once said, "The world is full of suffering, but it is also full of the overcoming of it." 


Original Art By Gina Welds Hulse
Pain

I consider myself to be a strong person, but every once in a while I become overwhelmed by having to deal with pain every day, and the other issues that come with having a chronic illness.

I begin to focus on the pain and then frustration kicks in. 

However, I learn to reach deep down inside, holding onto faith. I am reminded that each day is new, that I will overcome and I will find joy in that new day amidst even the pain.

I remind myself of my own personal power to exercise control over my body and how I react to the pain, as well as strive to minimize the effects of the pain.....and in the meantime I hold out for the cure that will come.....ONE DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment