Sunday, November 6, 2016

Why I became a VIDA Voice Fashion Designer and Collaborator



As an Artist, I have always had big dreams. One of those dreams was to have my art become "wearable art." I had always admired artists like Bob Mackie and Antthony Mark Hankins who had their own clothing designs with original art. Why not me?
So when I received an email about collaborating with a company called VIDA, I was certainly intrigued.
Erica, Artist Relations Manager from VIDA, stated in her email, "I am writing today regarding your artwork, with the hope that you will consider collaborating with us. I am writing from VIDA, a Google Ventures backed company that brings artists and makers together from around the world to create original, inspiring apparel in a socially conscious way. We are looking for artists with amazing technical skill and truly original work. We came across your artwork, and we’d love to work with you to translate your art into fashion.....converting 2D art into beautiful, quality apparel and accessories."
I took a couple of days to think about it....and to research the company. Of course I wanted to make sure that this company was legit. It turns out that VIDA was "a socially conscious, fashion platform that connects with makers around the world and digitally prints their artwork onto scarves, shirts and t-shirts."

You can read more about my journey and reasons for becoming a VIDA designer here.

http://hubpages.com/style/Why-I-became-a-VIDA-Voice-and-Designer

No comments:

Post a Comment